Building Automation and Control Network Protocol
BACnet is the American Society of Heating, Refrigerating and Air-Conditioning Engineers' Building Automation and Control networking protocol. It is a flexible standard used in building systems such as heating, air conditioning, light control, fire detection, etc. The standard itself is object oriented and lends itself to a LabVIEW implementation.
Endigit has extensive experience with talking to BACnet devices in LabVIEW. We have developed a class-based API natively in LabVIEW that communicates over both BACnet-IP and BACnet MSTP and could easily be extended to other BACnet supported interface layers.
Accessing the BACnet API
We offer a free 7-day trial of the BACnet API. Click the download link on the right to download your VI package file. In order to get a license that allows you to use the API beyond the trial period, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. You will then pay to receive a license serial number that unlocks access to the API.
Steps for installing the BACnet API package:
- Download the package from our website
- Make sure VIPM is installed on your computer
- Install the package
- Run LabVIEW as Administrator (choose the version you want)
- Run VI Package Manager as Administrator
- Click "Show Menubar" icon
- Click "File" > "Upload Package File(s)"
- Select the File
- Click "Add To Library & Install"
- Wait for "Installed" "No Errors" results to pop up
Steps for adding your license serial number:
- Pay for license
- Receive Email with your serial number
- Open NI License Manager
- Select the "Activate Software" Button
- Choose the "Enter a serial number" option from the drop down
- Add the new serial number to the BACnet API item in the list
- Click "Activate"
LabVIEW Development with BACnet
This API is provided as is and after purchasing a license, the API source code can be modified by end-users. Endigit offers service contracts to assist developers with any modifications, troubleshooting, extensions, or hardware communication issues. Endigit also offers complete LabVIEW development services of your BACnet system. If you need to add other measurements like high speed analog measurements along with the control system we can provide the LabVIEW expertise to augment your system.